Friday, September 08, 2006


I like this bit from Evangelism without Additives by Jim Henderson. Perhaps I'll buy the book. It's quoted at http://johnsmulo.typepad.com/:

"I resigned from witnessing in 1996. I knew I could never go back to the same old programs, the contrived joviality, or the fake evangelistic caring. But what would I replace them with? ...


"... The church has spent enormous amounts of time and energy planning programs for reaching the unchurched. We've redesigned church parking lots, reprinted our brochures, repainted our Sunday-school rooms, and even gotten flashy Web sites up and running, but the battle isn't happening in our buildings. It's in our backyards."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcus,

Thanks for the link to my site.

It looks like you're off to a great start with your blog. I'll certainly be back.

cellphoneCell Phones